Thank you for your prayer and support!
6 Seek the Lord while he may be found;Isaiah 55:6-7
call on him while he is near.
7 Let the wicked forsake their ways
and the unrighteous their thoughts.
Let them turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on them,
and to our God, for he will freely pardon.
These verses may be so familiar that we loose the incredible truth and offer the contain. If we turn to the Lord he will have mercy upon is, and will freely pardon. The Gospel of Grace. But there is a call to turn to him, while he may be found. The implication is that there may come a day when he cannot be found. Please join us in praying for the church in South Africa and beyond. Our prayer is that men and women may find the Lord and know his mercy and pardon. For this to happen our prayer is for the Good News of Jesus to be announced throughout all churches, and for this to happen our prayer is to the Lord of the harvest to raise up workers for the harvest field. Please pray too for us to this end, as we continue to equip and inspire men and women for Bible teaching ministries.
Three things to give thanks for:
1. We have managed to teach every class face to face this year, and the Lord has enabled the students and the team to persevere through COVID with strict protocols in place.
2. We continue to see change in the students lives and hear testimony to how they are growing in knowledge and love of the Lord and in their passion and ability to teach His Word.
3. We continue to grow. We are building more training rooms in Auckland Park, and looking to start a new campus in Alexandra Township next year in partnership with several pastors and ministries, including Rosebank Union Church and Rays of Hope.
Three things to pray for:
1. Capacity to meet the opportunities: we are hoping to appoint a Dean for our Soweto Campus, we are identifying staff to train in the Alex Township, we are seeking resources to fund bursaries for students next year.
2. Wisdom to grow in being a blessing to all we meet and serve. We long for everyone coming to JBC, whether as a student or service provider, staff member or visitor to experience something of the love of Christ and be encouraged in Him. Please pray too for wisdom as we stream line our courses to better serve our students and comply with QCTO.
3. Perseverance to the end of the year. This has been another tough year for everyone, and we continue to learn that nothing is taken for granted. Please pray that the team especially may experience the joy of the Lord as their strength, and that our end of year celebration would be filled with a sense of joy, achievement and commissioning.
Please pray for the family and friends of one of our students Sphiwe Ndaba who was mugged and killed leaving a wife and three children. If you would like to make a contribution to the family please contact the college office.
Please join us in praying this prayer for our students:
Gracious Heavenly Father,
We thank and praise you for calling each of these students to know you and to serve you. We thank you for the training they have received at JBC.
We pray that you might fill them with your Spirit and inspire your good works in their lives. May they love you with all their heart, and all their mind, and all their soul and all their strength. And may they love their neighbour as themselves.
May they teach your word in season and out of season. May their lives and their lips commend the gospel to all they meet. We pray this so that they might bring delight and glory to the Lord Jesus Christ who reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, now and forever. Amen
Yours in the Service of our Lord Jesus,
The JBC team